Friday, April 25, 2008

All By Myself

One of Abigail's favorite book series is the Little Critters by Mercer Mayer. The characters are so cute and she can really relate to the stories. Anyway, one of the books is called All By Myself and that gave me an idea for a blog posting...
Here is "Little Miss Independent" herself -


Velcro and slip-ons are pretty easy for Abby to do by herself; she also gets dressed - socks included - with minimal help.


Besides supervision for safety, Abigail entertains and washes herself quite well all by herself!


One night in particular, Abigail seemed to have trouble settling down and going to sleep. When I peeked into her room to check on her, she had gotten her ballet purse down from the shelf, was wearing the Christmas hat from her recital and was struggling to put on her ballet shoes. I had to laugh. How could I get mad?

After calling to Justin so he could see our goof-ball, I put away her ballet things, tucked her into bed for a second time and promised my toddler that she could practice her ballet in the morning.




If you have kids, be sure they get to read the Little Critter books as well (see http://www.littlecritter.com/); I think they will like them as much as I do!

No comments: