Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Botanic Gardens, Beard Papa's & Iolani Palace

We started our day with a short tour of Foster Botanic Gardens where poor Abby took quite a spill, resulting in three "owies" (head, hand and knee).



Later we grabbed some sandwiches and tried the famous Beard Papa's pastries for the first time. Yummy! (Abigail missed out since she was sleeping, but I took half of mine home for Justin to try.)

Did you know that Hawaii has a royal palace, the former residence of the reigning monarchy? The tour and information interested us, though Abigail and I were confined to the video and cellar tour while Lesley took an audio tour of all three floors "sans enfant."

Have you gotten the itch to visit Hawaii yet? What a place! So much to do! I sure hope that we will be able to return for visits in the future.

No comments: